The Friends of the West End Park will be hosting our wonderful 2nd Annual Earth Day Celebration!
THIS WEEKEND!!! 2nd ANNUAL EARTH DAY CELEBRATION at WEST END PARK!!!
- Participate in ‘Edible Landscaping’ project!
- Make your very own rain barrel for only $40! Pre-register by contacting Jamila: 404-693-1742
- Children activities include creating garden art, face-painting & plantings
- Build new benches for the park
- Plant new trees
- Mulch existing trees
- Clean playground mulch and overall park!
-Fruit or Flowering trees
Starts @ 10am! Don’t miss it!
West End Park (Oak/Lucille)
I’d like to get involved, how can I help?
- Cash donations can help buy much needed supplies!
- If you’re knowledgeable in areas of reusing, gardening, water harvesting, children’s environmental education and art…consider facilitating a workshop for others. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Donate a tree: we’d like fruit trees but a spring blooming flower tree would bring much needed color to the park. You can even make an art plaque to label your tree!
- Volunteer: We’ll need volunteers for set-up, during the event & clean-up. Please consider picking up a shift even if it’s just 45 minutes! We need you!
For more information, to give a donation or sign-up for a volunteer shift contact:
- Jamila Norman: email@example.com
- Yomara Velez: firstname.lastname@example.org
This event can be a wonderful community event but we need you to get involved!