Let’s add bicycle racks to our park! We have raised enough money! Whatta ya say???
THEATER COMES TO WEST END PARK! June 12, 2010
Thanks to Actress and Actor/Modeling Coach Kwietha Bolden for coordinating Theater in the Park!
Here’s some initial information and I’ll try my best to keep you informed….
Auditions, Workshops, Rehearsals, and Preparations for Performance: June 5 – July 24 (off 4th of July)
Summertime is a modern dark comedy where three Triplets were
separated at birth, but reunited through love.
The play touches on being different, self-discovery, new friends
and living in a diverse and ever changing environment.
There is a Talent and Fashion show in the play.
BASEBALL at WEST END PARK! April 29, 2010
Support BASEBALL TEAM in the West End Park!
Our neighbor, Said Khalifa is coordinating baseball on Saturdays at the park. The team needs your help!
They need shoes ASAP! Please consider making a donation, the team’s first game is this Saturday-May 1st.
Want to help? Email: email@example.com
EARTH DAY @ WEST END PARK April 28, 2010
We involved children in the community in cleaning and planting in the park. We planted 4 blueberry bushes, a flowering pear tree and created boxes for the children’s garden! Volunteers cleaned and re-mulched the playground! We created 2 benches by the basketball court!
MAKE A RAIN BARREL! April 15, 2010
Join us this weekend at our 2nd Annual Earth Day Celebration (starts at 9am) and you can make your own rain barrel for only $40!
The City of Atlanta will be providing workshop & materials.
When: This Saturday, April 17
*Pre-registration required: Call Jamila 404-693-1742
2nd Annual West End Earth Day Celebration! April 5, 2010
The Friends of the West End Park will be hosting our wonderful 2nd Annual Earth Day Celebration!
THIS WEEKEND!!! 2nd ANNUAL EARTH DAY CELEBRATION at WEST END PARK!!!
- Participate in ‘Edible Landscaping’ project!
- Make your very own rain barrel for only $40! Pre-register by contacting Jamila: 404-693-1742
- Children activities include creating garden art, face-painting & plantings
- Build new benches for the park
- Plant new trees
- Mulch existing trees
- Clean playground mulch and overall park!
-Fruit or Flowering trees
Starts @ 10am! Don’t miss it!
West End Park (Oak/Lucille)
I’d like to get involved, how can I help?
- Cash donations can help buy much needed supplies!
- If you’re knowledgeable in areas of reusing, gardening, water harvesting, children’s environmental education and art…consider facilitating a workshop for others. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Donate a tree: we’d like fruit trees but a spring blooming flower tree would bring much needed color to the park. You can even make an art plaque to label your tree!
- Volunteer: We’ll need volunteers for set-up, during the event & clean-up. Please consider picking up a shift even if it’s just 45 minutes! We need you!
For more information, to give a donation or sign-up for a volunteer shift contact:
- Jamila Norman: email@example.com
- Yomara Velez: firstname.lastname@example.org
This event can be a wonderful community event but we need you to get involved!