Happy Holidays West End & Friends!!!
I hope you enjoyed the day w/ your family and friends.
As the year comes to a close, please consider making a donation to Friends of the West End Park. It is tax-deductible and will help us continue our wonderful work.
Donations can be written to Friends of the West End Park and mailed to:
Yomara Velez, 9to5 Atlanta Working Women, 501 Pulliam Street SW Suite 344, Atlanta GA 30312
Our accomplishments this past year…
It’s been a busy but wonderful year! As I look back, I’m pleased with everything we’ve accomplished. These pictures inspire me to continue the work. I hope it reminds us of how powerful we can be when we come together to create healthier communities. You’ve worked hard and I hope you enjoy this photo essay of our past year!
- Jamila will help coordinate meetings for the first 6 months to give me some time to continue to strengthen the work in other areas such as fundraising and programming.
Things to look forward to in the coming year:
- Monthly clean-ups (3rd Saturday/month)
- Saturday morning fitness classes (saturdays/weekly)
- Knitting/crafting circle in the park.
- More on plan/design for the park.
- Wooden posts at the park to minimize cars on the turf.
- Continue to contact the City about the broken sidewalk.
- Community Events in the Park such as the Spring Egg Hunt + Earth Day Celebration!
- Malcolm X Festival (Friends will have a table at the event + work w/ festival organizers)
I HOPE YOU’LL JOIN US! Much love…Yomara!